About Shepherds College / Employment
Employment Opportunities at Shepherds College in Union Grove, WI
Shepherds College is a post-secondary school for students with intellectual and/or development disabilities focused on making a lasting difference in their future. If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of others through your profession, then apply for an open position with us today.
- We seek excellence in every aspect of the work we do. We do not want to just meet the standard; we want to raise the bar.
- Professionalism is more than just a suit and tie. Attitude and work ethic are important here.
- We thrive on creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Innovative ideas are welcome and expected.
- A man named Henry Ford said it best; “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”
- Our strengths outweigh our weaknesses. We cultivate what drives each of us, while improving where we need growth.
- We strive to model the likeness of Jesus Christ in the way we work with others.
- You love working with others in a professional community.
- You see a need and meet a need.
- You are driven to succeed and excel not only in your career, but in your life overall.
- You work well with a team to accomplish more.
Executive Assistant - Full Time / Benefit Eligible; Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm; $17 - $18/hour
As the Executive Assistant you will assist the President with clerical work, writing, research, special projects which are directed by the President, administrative and business details. This position also includes coordinating the scheduling of appointments and itinerary for the President. Some of the essential job responsibilities include:
- Composing, typing, distributing, copying and filing routine correspondence, reports and assigned projects.
- Typing, copying, filing and distributing confidential material for the President.
- Taking dictation and transcribing notes on the computer and/or transcribing from voice recordings.
- Organization and coordination of the President’s travel itinerary.
- Forwarding phone calls placed to the President, giving information to callers and placing outgoing calls.
- Reading, routing and/or coordinating response to correspondence addressed to the President.
- Scheduling appointments and maintaining the calendar for the President.
- Maintaining files for Shepherds Board of Directors.
- Managing gift premiums for visitors to the President’s Office.
- Developing Power Point presentations for the President.
- Managing Foundation files and submission of grant proposals for funding of Shepherds’ program, under the direction of the Vice President of Advancement.
- Initiating, developing and completing special projects that support the mission of Shepherds, as needed and directed by the President.
Advancement Officer - Full Time / Benefit Eligible; Regular First Shift Hours, Some Travel Required; $55,000 - $65,000/year (depending upon experience)
As Shepherds College Advancement Officer, you will initiate and cultivate relationships with potential major donors (individuals, businesses, and foundations) who have the capability of making significant financial contributions to the ministry of Shepherds College to maintain and build strong relationships with existing major donors; and to professionally and effectively ask for financial gifts to fund the mission and programs of Shepherds College.
Residential Life Weekend Positions:
As a Residential Life Weekend Staff, you will be working hands-on with our students to develop the skills necessary for life after graduation. Whether you are teaching students how to cook or facilitate an outing to a baseball game, you will be creating a positive and lasting impact in the future of those we serve. This position is perfect for future educators, social workers, and ministry workers.
The following positions are currently available within our Residential Life Weekend program:
Residential Life Weekend Staff – Part Time 28 Hours (Full Time Opportunities Available if Desired, Potential for Benefit Eligibility); Saturdays & Sundays 7:00am - 9:00pm, FREE On-Campus Housing Available!
Residential Life Weekend Lead – Full Time, Benefit Eligible; 12-17 Weekday Hours (1st or 2nd Shift) and 28 Weekend Hours (Saturdays & Sundays 7:00am – 9:00pm)
Emergency Response Staff (ERS) - Part Time 24 Hours; Wednesdays & Saturdays 8:30pm - 8:30am; This is a sleep-in position that is in charge of responding to both non-emergencies and emergencies including medical, fire or weather-related situations.
Are you interested in applying for the above job openings? Contact Ciara Huntemann at email@example.com.