Employment Opportunities at Shepherds College
Union Grove, Wisconsin
If you're looking to make a change, then maybe it's time to make a difference! Shepherds College, the country's leading three-year post-secondary educational program for students with intellectual disabilities, is looking for passionate, motivated people to join our team! We believe that everyone has valuable skills and experience to offer, and we would love to see if your unique qualities can help to meet the needs of our growing team. If you are mission driven and you’re looking for a purpose, not just a job, Shepherds College might be just place for you!
- We strive to model the likeness of Jesus Christ in the way we work with others.
- We seek excellence in every aspect of the work we do. We do not want to just meet the standard; we want to raise the bar.
- Professionalism is more than just a suit and tie. Attitude and work ethic are important here.
- We thrive on creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Innovative ideas are welcome and expected.
- A man named Henry Ford said it best, "If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself."
- Our strengths outweigh our weaknesses. We cultivate what drives each of us while improving areas of growth.
- You love working with others in a professional, faith-based community.
- You are passionate about serving others and working with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- You are driven to succeed and excel not only in your career, but in your life overall.
- You work well within a team to accomplish more and pursue excellence.
Shepherds offers a robust benefit package which includes the following:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- FSA & HRA Plans
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous PTO & Seasonal Breaks
- Paid Medical Leave, Bereavement & Jury Duty
- Voluntary Insurance Options (Short Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Whole Life Insurance, Term Life Insurance)
- Tuition Assistance & Professional Development Opportunities
- Team-Oriented Culture & Supportive Work Environment
Current Open Positions
To Apply for Any of the Following Positions
- Download & print the Employment Application PDF using Adobe Reader (free download).
- Download & print our Statement of Faith.
- Download & print our Biblical Responsibilities document.
- Complete Application, Statement of Faith and Biblical Responsibilities document.
- Return completed application, Statement of Faith and Biblical Responsibilities document, along with your résumé, to Pam Piper, Human Resources Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Attn. Pam Piper
1805 15th Avenue
Union Grove, WI 53182
- Transcripts and a copy of your highest degree earned will be required
Shepherds College Academic Program
The following position is currently available within our Academic Program:
Technology Integration Specialist
As the Shepherds College Technology Integration Specialist, you are responsible for supporting the Lead Technology Director in ensuring that computer systems, instructional technology tools, and associated peripherals are running effectively in classrooms, offices, and throughout the campus. The Technology Integration Specialist provides technical support for staff and students, assists in online course development, and manages the Help Desk ticket system. You will assist in the design, development and implementation of distance education modules, and assist in editing and production of video, audio and photo projects for distance education, marketing and other campus projects.
Skills and qualifications for this position include full alignment with the Shepherds College Mission Statement and Statement of Faith, a minimum of an Associate’s degree in a related field, experience working in an educational setting and/or working with individuals with intellectual disabilities is preferred, ability to prioritize daily tasks, remain flexible, provide technology support to users with various skill levels, must have video editing and coding capability, must be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, communicate effectively through various methods of communication and possess a high level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Full Time (Benefit Eligible) & Part Time Opportunities Available; Monday – Friday, 1st Shift Hours. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Shepherds College Student Life Program
The following positions are currently available within our Student Life Program:
Student Life Staff
Student Life Staff make Shepherds College a fun place to be. Our students come to SC for a true college experience, and so much of that happens in Student Life. As a Student Life staff member, you will be working hands-on with our students to develop the necessary skills for life after graduation. We train, motivate, and challenge our students to reach their highest potentials, and we have fun doing it. Whether you are teaching students how to prepare a meal or facilitating a social outing, you will be creating a positive and lasting impact in their lives and futures. This position is perfect for aspiring educators, future social workers, and anyone with a passion for ministry.
Full Time (Benefit-Eligible), Part Time & Pool Staff Opportunities Available; Weekdays from 3pm to 9pm, Weekends from 7am – 9pm; Combination of Weekday & Weekend Shifts Available; Pay is commensurate with experience.
Student Life Area Supervisor
As a Student Life Area Supervisor, you will oversee and supervise a designated living area within our Student Life program. You will oversee and implement evening & weekend programming within your designated living area, guide students in the application of daily living skills training and provide supervision and direction for students through the implementation of both structured activities and leisure time interactions, all in an effort to promote students’ growth towards Appropriate Independence™.
Full Time & Benefit Eligible; Weekdays from 12pm to 9pm OR 3pm to 9pm, Weekends from 7am – 9pm; Combination of Weekday & Weekend Shifts Available; Pay is commensurate with experience.
Emergency Response Staff (ERS) Sleep-In Shifts
The Emergency Response Staff (ERS) is responsible for sleeping overnight in a designated living area on campus, and responding to emergencies that may arise within the designated living area, including weather, fire, and medical emergency situations.
Full Time (Benefit-Eligible) & Part Time Opportunities Available; Weekdays from 8:30pm to 8:30am, Weekends from 9pm to 7am; Pay is commensurate with experience.
Please contact Pam Piper, HR Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding Shepherds College employment opportunities.