Students / Alumni
“I praise Shepherds College whenever I talk about it. Sometimes I can't stop myself; I'm so glad Ryan is a part of the family.” ~ Jen, parent of alumni
Along with our prayers, each graduate leaves Shepherds College with a Certificate of Completion, a professional resume, and contact information for our Placement Specialist, Alicia Miklavicic-Franz.
As the Placement Specialist, Alicia's role is to help students plan and prepare for obtaining and maintaining community-based employment in their field of study (Horticulture, Technology, or Culinary Arts). She works with students and graduates to gain awareness of their interests, skills, and aspirations in relation to employment and pursuing Appropriate Independence.
Ways that the Placement Specialist role engages and supports Shepherds College students and graduates:
- Assist 3rd-year students in the placement of field experience opportunities
- Teach job-seeking and job application skills
- Provide interview preparation
- Teach job retention skills
- Assist with job searching by location and field-specific job opportunities in the students'/graduates' areas of interest *please note that this is not a service for direct placement into employment. The application process and obtainment of employment are the responsibilities of the student.
- Track employment of graduates related to COE (Council on Occupational Education) standards
- Coordinate the Alumni Association for graduates to provide a platform for connecting to the Shepherds College community
Contact Alicia at email@example.com or 262-878-5620 ext. 6449
Shepherds College Alumni Association Vision
The Shepherds College Alumni Association exists to support the Shepherds College mission to equip and empower Shepherds College alumni to reach Appropriate Independence and inspire a lasting awareness of God's plan for their lives after college by strengthening ties between the alumni, parents, their communities, and Shepherds College.
Shepherds College Alumni Association Mission
The Shepherds College Alumni Association aims to provide resources, relationships of shared experience, and opportunities that make contributions of enduring value to our alumni, their families, their communities, and Shepherds College.