For Parents & Families / Shepherds College 4 A Week
June 12 through June 15, 2023
Register your student today for four days of the Shepherds College experience at Shepherds College 4 a Week (SC4W)! Each day is packed full of interactive classes, team-building activities, residential participation, fun events, and lots of opportunities to socialize and make new friends.
SC4W is uniquely designed for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities between 17 to 29 years old.
This program is suitable for students who:
- Are going into their Senior year (at least 17 years old) of High School up to age twenty-nine
- Have a diagnosed IDD, or significant learning challenges
- Function with little to no attendant care
- Are motivated and have an eagerness to learn
- Have the ability to receive information and instruction from staff and provide responses and feedback when necessary
- Have acceptable social behavior verified by school, family, or another source
- Are free from communicable diseases
- Have the desire to live independently and have a family that supports that goal
- Have minimal medical needs – require no more than 3 hours per week of nursing care
- Perform daily hygiene routine independently, relying on, at most, verbal prompts or reminders from staff
- Provide copies of psychological, medical, and behavioral history*
- Have no current or recent thoughts and/or record of harming self or others
- Demonstrate a history of good citizenship and the ability to follow rules
- Notify Shepherds College of any and all arrests and/or convictions; Shepherds College will determine eligibility based on the severity of the criminal activity
A student must complete the full application process to pursue admission and enrollment to Shepherds College. For more information, contact email@example.com or click here and select SC4W under Entering Classification.