Employment / Nurse, RN
The Nurse promotes the development of Ai and supports student success by providing health care through assessment, documentation, intervention, and follow-up for all students at Shepherds College. This position provides consistent, timely, and professional communication and feedback internally and externally. The Nurse facilitates collaboration with other departments and provides consistent improvement.
Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time, 1st shift hours, occasional weekend hours, regular on-call responsibilities. 4-5 days and 8, 10, or 12-hour shifts negotiable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Serve as a conduit of Christ’s love for others in an effort to point others to Jesus through our actions and words.
- Promote, by example and leadership, a positive attitude toward developing Appropriate Independence™
- Assist the Nursing Supervisor with Med training, communication, and direction to all staff and students regarding medical protocol
- Oversee physician’s orders for medications administered to students at Shepherds College
- Oversee and assist with the packing of student medications as needed
- Occasional student medical transports
- Track new medications/prescriptions received by families and pharmacies
- Promote continuous improvement and program development
- Provide input and direction during medical, behavioral, or mental health concerns or crises
- Triage student medical needs and create treatment plans
- Provide on-call support regularly and respond to emergency situations
- Work closely with other SC staff members to ensure that the various components of the college program are working in harmony and complementing one another
- Attend faculty/staff meetings as assigned
- Work effectively with team members.
- Maintain positive and supportive relationships with students and their families
- Treat each student with respect and dignity
- Communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Actively participate in trainings and meetings
- Consistently demonstrate Christ-likeness in actions and words
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Licensed Registered Nurse with a current license in good standing with the state of Wisconsin
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Effective communicator, including verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational, people, and computer skills Possess a high level of professionalism, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license. Licensed Registered Nurse with a current license in the state of Wisconsin.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All new employees are required to pass a physical examination, be tested for and be free of TB and be tested for and free of Hepatitis B (or start the Hepatitis B vaccination series), all within the 90 days immediately prior to starting employment. Shepherds assumes payment for the cost of the physical and TB test as described above and will pay the cost of the chest x-ray and reading if one is required as well as any Hepatitis B testing or immunization. All additional costs are assumed by the employee.
ALIGNMENT WITH OUR MISSION
Employee shall commit to the mission of Shepherds College, which is to educate and train students with intellectual and developmental disabilities by equipping them to reach Appropriate IndependenceTM (Ai) through the development of vocational, social, and life skills while inspiring a lasting awareness of God’s plan for their lives. Employee shall have a deep understanding of Ai and its guiding principles, as Ai is the foundation of our education and training programs here at Shepherds College.
ALIGNMENT WITH OUR CULTURE
Employee must be in alignment and in agreement with the eight key behaviors that shape our culture here at Shepherds College: 1) Model Christ-likeness - Point others to Jesus through our actions and words; 2) Be Creative - Practice strategic innovation; 3) Pursue Excellence – Whatever it is, make it better; 4) Maximize Strengths - Cultivate the value and potential of every individual; 5) Promote Professionalism – Present the best you, always; 6) Work Together – Collaborate to fulfill our mission; 7) Embrace Accountability – Own the process and the outcome; 8) Experience Gratitude – Recognize and affirm the good.
ALIGNMENT WITH OUR FAITH
Employee must be in full alignment and agreement with the Shepherds College Statement of Faith and Biblical Responsibilities of Shepherds Staff. Employee must be part of a faith community that is aligned with traditional protestant Christian faith.
Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, and reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Become a vital part of the Shepherds College mission!